Common name(s): pencil cedar; skyrocket juniper
Synonym(s): Sabina scopulorum
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~5 - 7~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Juniperus scopulorum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (4 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Juniperus scopulorum 'Skyrocket' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-8) (4 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-7) (1 photo)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (17 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden: Juniperus scopulorum 'Wichita Blue' - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-7) (2 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3-7) (1 photo). Also pages for 'Blue Heaven', 'Pathfinder', and 'Table Top'.
- Rob's Plants: Juniperus scopulorum 'Skyrocket' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 4-7) (1 photo)
- Southwest Colorado Wildflowers - Photos and botanical information about the species/genus. (11 photos)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)