Common name(s): burgundy pincushion
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 5 - 7~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Knautia macedonica
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (12 photos)
- Annie's Annuals - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-10) (2 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-10) (13 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 5) (8 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Knautia macedonica 'Mars Midget' - Catalog page with descriptive information (zone 5)
- Heritage Perennials: Knautia macedonica 'Thunder and Lightning' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 5-9) (1 photo). Also pages for 'Mars Midget', 'Thunder and Lightning', and MELTON PASTELS.
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Paghat's Garden: Knautia macedonica 'Egyptian Rose' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (2 photos)
- Plant Delights Nursery - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5-8) (1 photo). Also a page for 'Thunder and Lightning' PP 21437.
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (5 photos)
- Smith College Botanic Garden - Photos of the species (habit, flower, leaf, inflorescence) (4 photos)