Common name(s): brass buttons
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 7~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Leptinella squalida
- All Things Plants: Leptinella squalida 'Platt's Black' - Community-assembled plant profile (5 photos)
- Annie's Annuals: Leptinella squalida 'Platt's Black' - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-11) (2 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Leptinella squalida 'Platt's Black' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-7)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5) (1 photo)
- Heritage Perennials: Leptinella squalida 'Platt's Black' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-10). Also a page for 'Platt's Black'.
- New Zealand Native Plants - Photo and description of this species, provided by the Hebe Society. (1 photo)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants: Leptinella squalida 'Platt's Black' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 4) (1 photo)