Common name(s): cardinal flower
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~5 - 8~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Lobelia cardinalis
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (6 varieties in database) (42 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (3 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 2-9) (26 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3) (4 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-10) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Lobelia cardinalis 'Fried Green Tomatoes' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (5 photos)
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (5 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (55 photos)
- Las Pilitas Nursery - Catalog page about this California native, with description and horticultural basics. (zone 5-10) (6 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-9) (5 photos). Also pages for 'Fried Green Tomatoes' and 'Queen Victoria'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (5 photos)
- Native Plants of Central Texas - Photos with brief comments from University of Texas at Austin. (2 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3-9) (6 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Plant Delights Nursery - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Rainy Side Gardeners - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (1 photo)
- Rare Find Nursery - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 2-8) (3 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (3 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens: Lobelia cardinalis 'rose pink’ - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4-9) (1 photo)