Common name(s): Purple Loosestrife
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 9
Links for Lythrum salicaria
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (13 photos)
- Australian National Botanic Gardens - Botanical and cultural information about the Australian native plant. (2 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Lythrum salicaria 'Feuerkerze' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also pages for 'Lady Sackville' and 'Rose'.
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-9) (16 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-9) (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9) (4 photos)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (11 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3-9a) (3 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Turner Photographics - Profile of wildflower of the US Pacific Northwest, with botanical description, habitat and distribution, and photo gallery.