Common name(s): four o'clocks
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 7~9 - 10~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Mirabilis jalapa
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (8 varieties in database) (68 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 7b-11) (50 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 7-11) (2 photos)
- Landscape Plants for South Florida - Description and summary information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 9-11) (2 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 9-10) (3 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Plant Delights Nursery: Mirabilis jalapa 'Baywatch' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Rainy Side Gardeners - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 8-11) (5 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 7-11) (4 photos)