Common name(s): basil
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 5 - 11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Ocimum basilicum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (25 varieties in database) (17 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (17 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-11) (3 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (11 photos)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (4 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (4 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Paghat's Garden: Ocimum basilicum 'Genovese' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (2 photos)
- Rob's Plants: Ocimum basilicum 'Osmin' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (2 photos)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (5 photos)