Common name(s): common evening primrose
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Oenothera biennis
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (23 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-8) (14 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (21 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (5 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (7 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (1 photo)
- Turner Photographics - Profile of wildflower of the US Pacific Northwest, with botanical description, habitat and distribution, and photo gallery.