Common name(s): evening primrose
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 8
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Oenothera pilosella
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-8)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (6 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-8)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (3 photos)
- Rare Find Nursery: Oenothera pilosella 'Yella Fella' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 4-8) (1 photo)