Common name(s): Mexican evening primrose
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Oenothera speciosa
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (4 varieties in database) (23 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-8) (26 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-9) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Oenothera speciosa 'Siskyou' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations.
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (10 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation.
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9) (3 photos). Also a page for 'Rosea'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (5 photos)
- Native Plants of Central Texas - Photos with brief comments from University of Texas at Austin. (4 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 5-8) (1 photo)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Rob's Plants: Oenothera speciosa 'Rosea' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 5-9) (3 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 5-8) (1 photo)