Common name(s): eastern prickly-pear
Synonym(s): Opuntia compressa
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~5 - 9~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Opuntia humifusa
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (14 photos)
- Cal's Plant of the Week - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (1 photo)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (3 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4b-10) (23 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-10) (3 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (30 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9) (5 photos)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (4 photos)
- NARGS Image Gallery - Photograph(s) contributed by North American Rock Garden Society members. (2 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information. Also a page for another instance.
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 3-9) (5 photos)
- Swedishrockgarden - Photo of the species. (1 photo)
Common name(s): Eastern Prickly-pear
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (12 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (15 photos)