Common name(s): ornamental oregano
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~6 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Origanum vulgare
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (6 varieties in database) (19 photos)
- Asianflora - Plant photos. (1 photo)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also a page for 'Aureum Crispum'.
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-9) (9 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Origanum vulgare 'Ed Carman' - Catalog page with descriptive information (zone 5)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-9) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Origanum vulgare 'White Anniversary' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 6-9) (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-8) (1 photo). Also pages for 'Aureum Crispum', 'Aureum', and 'Jim Best'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (2 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Paghat's Garden: Origanum vulgare 'Variegata' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (4 photos)
- Plant Delights Nursery: Origanum vulgare 'Dr. Ietswaart' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants: Origanum vulgare 'Heiderose' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (2 photos)
Common name(s): Russian oregano
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4 - 8
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-8) (4 photos)
Common name(s): Greek oregano
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 8~9