Common name(s): bread poppy; opium poppy
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 7~8 - 10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Papaver somniferum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (23 varieties in database) (36 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (35 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 7-10) (3 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 8-10) (2 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (3 photos). Also a page for 'Black Cloud'.
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (3 photos)
Synonym(s): Papaver laciniatum
Common name(s): Peony Poppy, Opium Poppy, Paeony Flowered Poppy
Common name(s): POPPY OF TROY
Synonym(s): Papaver setigerum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 photos)
- Annie's Annuals - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (2 photos)