Common name(s): shiso, beafsteak mint
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Perilla frutescens
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (3 varieties in database) (9 photos)
- Cal's Plant of the Week - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (13 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (2 photos)
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (8 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (2 photos)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (7 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (3 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (4 photos)
Common name(s): Beefsteak Plant