Common name(s): Ribbon grass; Gardener's garters; Reed canary grass
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~4 - 9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Phalaris arundinacea
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (3 varieties in database) (2 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also a page for 'Picta'.
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3b-9a) (13 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 4) (6 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Phalaris arundinacea 'Picta' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 2-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (4 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (3 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9) (2 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-9) (4 photos). Also a page for 'Picta'.
- Plant Delights Nursery: Phalaris arundinacea 'Feesey' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants: Phalaris arundinacea 'Strawberries&Cream' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (2 photos)
Common name(s): reed canary grass
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4 - 9