Common name(s): purple climbing bean
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4 - 11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Phaseolus vulgaris
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (96 varieties in database) (3 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Phaseolus vulgaris 'Algarve' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also pages for 'Annabel', 'Borlotto Firetongue', 'Ferrari', 'Filao', 'Maradonna', 'Masterpiece', and 'Purple Teepee'.
- Climbers - Information page with most botanical details for this climbing species of the eastern US. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (2 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-11) (4 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (6 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society: Phaseolus vulgaris 'Garden of Eden' - Germination information
- Rob's Plants: Phaseolus vulgaris 'Trionfo Violetto' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (3 photos)