Common name(s): creeping phlox
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~3 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Phlox subulata
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (20 varieties in database) (7 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Phlox subulata 'Emerald Cushion Blue' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-8) (26 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-8) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Phlox subulata Spring White - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (4 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-9) (2 photos). Also a page for 'Millstream Daphne'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (6 photos)
- NARGS Image Gallery - Photograph(s) contributed by North American Rock Garden Society members. (1 photo)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 2-9) (2 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Paghat's Garden: Phlox subulata 'Candy Stripe' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (1 photo). Also a page for 'Red Wings'.
- Plant Delights Nursery: Phlox subulata 'Candy Stripe' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 2-8) (2 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 3-9) (1 photo)