Common name(s): Scots pine
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~4b - 7~9
Links for Pinus sylvestris
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (4 varieties in database) (8 photos). Also a page for 'Nana'.
- BBC Gardening: Pinus sylvestris 'Watereri' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-8) (14 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 2-7) (3 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 2-7) (6 photos). Also pages for 'Albyn Prostrata', 'Aurea', 'Beuvronensis', 'Fastigiata', 'Glauca Nana', 'Gold Coin', 'Hillside Creeper', 'Hindu-Pan', 'Loose Park', 'Nana Compressa', 'Repens', and 'Watereri'.
- NARGS Image Gallery - Photograph(s) contributed by North American Rock Garden Society members. (1 photo)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 2-8a) (8 photos). Also pages for 'Glauca Nana', 'Nana', and 'Watereri'.
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (zone 2-8) (6 photos)