Common name(s): Virginia pine
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~7 - 8~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Pinus virginiana
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (2 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (15 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 7-10) (3 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-8) (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (4 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden: Pinus virginiana 'Wate's Golden' - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-8) (4 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-8) (3 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 7-10) (1 photo)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)