Common name(s): balloonflower
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 8~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Platycodon grandiflorus
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (21 varieties in database) (39 photos)
- Annie's Annuals - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-10) (2 photos)
- Asianflora - Plant photos. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-9) (45 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4) (8 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Platycodon grandiflorus Pink - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- John and Jacq's Garden - Informational page provided by home gardeners with details on culture and propagation. (zone 3-9) (9 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-8) (3 photos). Also pages for 'Astra Blue', 'Astra Pink', 'Astra Semi-Double Blue', 'Fairy Snow', 'Fuji White', 'Hakone Blue', 'Komachi', 'Misato Purple', and 'Sentimental Blue'.
- NARGS Image Gallery - Photograph(s) contributed by North American Rock Garden Society members. (1 photo)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3-8) (1 photo)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society: Platycodon grandiflorus 'Hakone Blue' - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Pacific Bulb Society - One of the plants described on this page about the genus. (17 photos)
- Paghat's Garden: Platycodon grandiflorus 'Astra Blue' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (3 photos). Also pages for 'Fuji Blue' and 'Fuji Pink'.
- Plant Delights Nursery: Platycodon grandiflorus 'Sentimental Blue' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 3-8) (8 photos)