Common name(s): bracken
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~7 - 9~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Pteridium aquilinum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (13 photos)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-10) (19 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-11) (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (5 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-10) (2 photos)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (4 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 7-9) (1 photo)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (3 photos)
- Southwest Colorado Wildflowers - Photos and botanical information about the species/genus. (8 photos)
Common name(s): Bracken Fern
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (2 photos)
Common name(s): Brake, Bracken Fern
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4 - 10