Common name(s): pear
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 7~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Pyrus communis
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (15 varieties in database) (2 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Pyrus communis 'Beurre Hardy' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also pages for 'Conference' and 'Doyenne du Comice'.
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (4 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-8). Also pages for 'Doyenn du Comice' and 'Moonglow'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet: Pyrus communis 'Harrow Delight' - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-8). Also pages for 'Harrow Sweet', 'Harvest Queen', 'Kieffer', 'Magness', 'Moonglow', and 'Seckel'.
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (2 photos)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (zone 4-9) (6 photos)