Common name(s): live oak
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 7~8 - 9~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Quercus virginiana
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (16 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (8 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 8-11) (34 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 8-11) (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (18 photos)
- Landscape Plants for South Florida - Description and summary information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 8-10) (2 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 7b-10) (3 photos)
- Rare Find Nursery - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 7-9) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 8-10) (3 photos)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)