Common name(s): Tiger Eyes staghorn sumac
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Rhus typhina
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (37 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also pages for 'Dissecta' and 'Tiger Eyes'.
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (5 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-8) (8 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Rhus typhina 'Bailtiger' Tiger Eyes® - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4) (3 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-8) (2 photos)
- Hayefield: Rhus typhina ‘Bailtiger’ - Garden writer Nancy Ondra presents a plant growing in her garden, with description and photographs. (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (17 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-8) (3 photos). Also pages for 'Bailtiger' TIGER EYES and 'Dissecta'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (5 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3-9) (6 photos)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (3 photos)
- Rare Find Nursery: Rhus typhina Tiger Eyes 'Bailtiger' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 4-8) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants: Rhus typhina 'Bailtiger' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (5 photos)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)