Common name(s): gloriosa daisy; black-eyed susan
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~5 - 7~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Rudbeckia hirta
- Alabama Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (6 photos)
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (26 varieties in database) (10 photos)
- Annie's Annuals: Rudbeckia hirta 'Cherry Brandy' - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (additional cultivars listed in catalog) (zone 5-10) (2 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Rudbeckia hirta 'Marmalade' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also a page for 'Rustic Dwarfs Mixed'.
- Cal's Plant of the Week - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (zone 3-11) (1 photo)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-10) (55 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3) (8 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-10) (3 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Rudbeckia hirta Rustic Colors - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations.
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (12 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (82 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-7) (4 photos). Also pages for 'Autumn Colors', 'Indian Summer', 'Irish Spring', 'Moreno', and 'Prairie Sun'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (4 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (7 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society: Rudbeckia hirta 'Cherry Brandy' - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Paghat's Garden: Rudbeckia hirta 'Goldilocks' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (2 photos). Also a page for 'Prairie Sun'.
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 3-10) (5 photos)