Common name(s): giant coneflower
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~6 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Rudbeckia maxima
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (12 photos)
- Central Texas Gardener - Plant of the week profile with photo and cultural information. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 6-8) (26 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 4) (1 photo)
- Heritage Perennials - Profile with description and horticultural details. (zone 4-9) (1 photo)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (43 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9) (6 photos). Also a page for 'Golda Emanis'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (5 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Plant Delights Nursery: Rudbeckia maxima 'Golda Emanis' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rare Find Nursery - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (4 photos)