Common name(s): White Ruellia
Synonym(s): Ruellia brittoniana, Ruellia malacosperma
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 7~8b - 10~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Ruellia simplex
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (4 varieties in database) (24 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 8-11) (10 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 8b)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 8-10) (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (3 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 8-10). Also pages for 'Katie' and 'Purple Showers'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 7-10) (2 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Plant Delights Nursery: Ruellia brittoniana 'Chi Chi' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo). Also pages for 'Colobe Pink' and White Flower Form.