Common name(s): hummingbird sage
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~8 - 10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Salvia coccinea
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (13 varieties in database) (27 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Salvia coccinea 'Lady in Red' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 7b-10) (20 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-10) (2 photos)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (54 photos)
- Landscape Plants for South Florida - Description and summary information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden: Salvia coccinea 'Forest Fire' - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 8-10)
- Native Plants of Central Texas - Photos with brief comments from University of Texas at Austin. (5 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (6 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Paghat's Garden: Salvia coccinea 'Coral Nymph' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (3 photos)
- Rainy Side Gardeners: Salvia coccinea 'Coral Nymph' - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (2 photos)