Common name(s): Big Pink Texas Sage
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 6~9 - 9~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Salvia greggii
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (48 varieties in database) (22 photos)
- Annie's Annuals: Salvia greggii 'Burgundy Seduction' - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (additional cultivars listed in catalog) (zone 6-9) (4 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Photos of this native plant, often with notes on habitat and identification. (3 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 7-9) (28 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Salvia greggii 'Lowry's Peach' - Catalog page with descriptive information (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 9). Also a page for 'Wild Thing'.
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 7-9) (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (47 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden: Salvia greggii 'Wild Thing' - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 6-9) (3 photos)
- Native Plants of Central Texas - Photos with brief comments from University of Texas at Austin. (7 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 6-9) (2 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Plant Delights Nursery: Salvia greggii 'California Sunset' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 7-10) (4 photos)