Common name(s): lyre-leaf sage
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 5~6 - 8~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Salvia lyrata
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (12 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Photos of this native plant, often with notes on habitat and identification. (3 photos)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (3 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-10) (11 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-10) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Salvia lyrata 'Purple Knockout' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (zone 6-9) (1 photo)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (25 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 5-8) (1 photo)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (6 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (2 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (2 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens: Salvia lyrata 'Purple Knockout' - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5-8) (1 photo)