Common name(s): Pacific Red Elderberry
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3b~4
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Sambucus racemosa
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (3 varieties in database) (9 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Sambucus racemosa 'Plumosa Aurea' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4) (11 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Sambucus racemosa 'Sutherland Gold' - Catalog page with descriptive information (zone 3b)
- Hayefield: Sambucus racemosa ‘Sutherland Gold’ - Garden writer Nancy Ondra presents a plant growing in her garden, with description and photographs. (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (13 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Paghat's Garden: Sambucus racemosa 'Sutherland Golden' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (4 photos)
- Rob's Plants: Sambucus racemosa 'Sutherland Gold' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 4) (1 photo)
- Turner Photographics - Profile of wildflower of the US Pacific Northwest, with botanical description, habitat and distribution, and photo gallery.
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)
- Washington Native Plant Society - Photo and brief description. (1 photo)
Common name(s): Rocky Mountain Elder; Black Elderberry
Common name(s): Red Elderberry
Synonym(s): Sambucus pubens
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4 - 6
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (10 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-6) (3 photos)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (3 photos)
Common name(s): red elderberry
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4
Common name(s): Red-berried Elder