Common name(s): redwood
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 7~8 - 9~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Sequoia sempervirens
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (15 photos)
- Arthur Lee Jacobson - Seattle plantsman describes botanical and/or horticultural aspects of this species. (1 photo)
- BBC Gardening: Sequoia sempervirens 'Prostrata' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Cal's Plant of the Week - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 8-9) (26 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 7-9) (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (39 photos)
- Las Pilitas Nursery - Catalog page about this California native, with description and horticultural basics. (zone 7-10) (3 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 7-9). Also a page for 'Soquel'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 7-9) (2 photos). Also pages for 'Adpressa' and 'Soquel'.
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)