Common name(s): Giant Sequoia
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 5~6 - 8~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Sequoiadendron giganteum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (9 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo). Also a page for 'Pendulum'.
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 6-8) (34 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 6) (6 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-9) (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (1 photo)
- Las Pilitas Nursery - Catalog page about this California native, with description and horticultural basics. (zone 6-10) (3 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 6-8) (5 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 6-8) (3 photos)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (3 photos)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)