Common name(s): indian pink
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~6 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Spigelia marilandica
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (38 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-9) (17 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 6-9) (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (2 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (18 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 5-9) (6 photos)
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (6 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (2 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Plant Delights Nursery: Spigelia marilandica 'Little Redhead' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Rare Find Nursery - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 4-8) (3 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 5-9) (4 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 6-9) (1 photo)