Common name(s): Stokes' aster, cornflower aster
Synonym(s): Stokesia cyanea
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 8~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Stokesia laevis
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (13 varieties in database) (14 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Carolina Nature - Photos of this native plant, often with notes on habitat and identification. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-10) (18 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5) (1 photo)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Stokesia laevis 'Alba' - Catalog page with descriptive information (zone 5)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 5-9) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Stokesia laevis 'Silver Moon' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (13 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 5-9) (1 photo). Also pages for 'Alba', 'Blue Danube', 'Colorwheel', 'Klaus Jelitto', 'Mary Gregory', 'Mel's Blue', 'Omega Skyrocket', 'Peach Melba', 'Peachie's Pick', 'Purple Parasols', 'Purple Pixie', 'Silver Moon', and 'Wyoming'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 5-9) (4 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information (additional information for other varieties)
- Paghat's Garden: Stokesia laevis 'Blue Star - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (3 photos)
- Plant Delights Nursery: Stokesia laevis 'Honeysong Purple' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Rare Find Nursery: Stokesia laevis `Color Wheel' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 4-8) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 5-9) (3 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens: Stokesia laevis 'Peachies Pick' - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 5-9) (1 photo)
Common name(s): Stoke's Aster
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 5