Common name(s): Michaelmas daisy
Synonym(s): Aster lateriflorus
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4~5 - 8~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Symphyotrichum lateriflorum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (3 varieties in database) (3 photos)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 5-9) (5 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Aster lateriflorus 'Lady in Black' - Catalog page with descriptive information (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4)
- Heritage Perennials: Aster lateriflorus 'Prince' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (3 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-8) (2 photos). Also a page for 'Lady in Black'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (3 photos). Also a page for another instance.
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Plant Delights Nursery: Aster lateriflorus 'Lady in Black' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rainy Side Gardeners - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 4-8) (1 photo). Also a page for 'Prince'.
- Rob's Plants: Symphyotrichum lateriflorum 'Lady in Black' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 5-9) (3 photos)