Common name(s): New England aster
Synonym(s): Aster novae-angliae
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~5 - 8~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Symphyotrichum novae-angliae
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (8 varieties in database) (34 photos)
- Annie's Annuals: Aster novae-angliae 'Purple Dome' - Catalog page with photo, basic horticultural information, and noteworthy features. (additional cultivars listed in catalog) (zone 3-10) (1 photo)
- BBC Gardening: Aster novae-angliae 'Andenken an Alma Potschke' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (2 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-9) (15 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3) (2 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Aster novae-angliae 'Harrington's Pink' - Catalog page with descriptive information (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-8) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Aster novae-angliae September Ruby - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 2-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations.
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (6 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (27 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-8) (2 photos). Also pages for 'Andenken an Alma Ptschke', 'Honeysong Pink', 'Purple Dome', 'Purple Pixie', 'Roter Stern', KICKIN LAVENDER, KICKIN LILAC BLUE, and KICKIN PINK CHIFFON.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (5 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (4 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Plant Delights Nursery: Aster novae-angliae 'Purple Dome' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rainy Side Gardeners: Aster novae-angliae 'Our Latest One' - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 2-9) (2 photos)
- Rare Find Nursery: Aster novae-angliae 'Purple Dome' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 3-8) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants: Symphyotrichum novae-angliae 'Purple Dome' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (1 photo)
- Sunlight Gardens - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 3-8) (1 photo)