Common name(s): New York Aster
Synonym(s): Aster novi-belgii
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~5 - 8~9
Links for Symphyotrichum novi-belgii
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (16 varieties in database) (4 photos)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (3 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-8) (5 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 4) (2 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Aster novi-belgii 'Blue Danube' - Catalog page with descriptive information (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 5)
- Heritage Perennials: Aster novi-belgii Porcelain - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (51 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden: Symphyotrichum novi-belgii 'Blue Lagoon' - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-8) (1 photo). Also pages for 'Peter Harrison', 'Peter Pan', 'Professor Anton Kippenburg', and 'Tiny Tot'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 4-8a) (8 photos)
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Paghat's Garden: Aster novi-belgii 'Melody' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (2 photos). Also a page for 'Patricia Ballard'.
- Rainy Side Gardeners: Aster novi-belgii 'Samoa' - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 4-8) (1 photo). Also pages for 'SchoneVon Dietlikon' and 'Tonga'.