Common name(s): lilac
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 7~8
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Syringa vulgaris
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (22 varieties in database) (37 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Syringa vulgaris 'Madame Lemoine' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-7) (17 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 4-7) (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-7) (3 photos). Also pages for 'Agincourt Beauty', 'Andenken an Ludwig Spath', 'Avalanche', 'Charles Joly', 'Krasavitsa Moskvy' BEAUTY OF MOSCOW, 'Little Boy Blue', 'Marie Frances', 'Monge', 'Prsident Grvy', 'Sensation', and 'Wedgwood Blue'.
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3b-7) (2 photos)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (1 photo). Also pages for another instance and 'Alba'.
- Rainy Side Gardeners: Syringa vulgaris 'Edith Cavell' - Plant profile compiled by two gardeners in the Pacific Northwest. Includes propagation and pruning methods, and commentary. (zone 4-8) (1 photo). Also pages for 'Klager's Double Purple' and 'Krasavitsa Moskvy'.
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (2 photos)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (zone 3-7) (6 photos)