Common name(s): Carolina lupine, Aaron's rod
Synonym(s): Thermopsis caroliniana
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~5 - 8~10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Thermopsis villosa
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (6 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-10a) (6 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (zone 4) (1 photo)
- Iris' Garden - Gardener in the Netherlands presents a photo of this plant, with basic horticultural information. (1 photo)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (9 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 4-9) (3 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 3-9) (1 photo). Also a page for another instance.
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information. Also a page for another instance.
- Plant Delights Nursery - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 3-9) (3 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (zone 5-8) (1 photo)