Common name(s): dwarf American arborvitae
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~4 - 7~8
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Thuja occidentalis
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (22 varieties in database) (1 photo)
- BBC Gardening: Thuja occidentalis 'Ellwangeriana Aurea' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (more profiles for additional varieties) (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 2-8) (5 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Thuja occidentalis 'Cheyenne' - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (3 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 2-7) (3 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (4 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 2-7) (3 photos). Also pages for 'Art Boe' NORTH POLE, 'Bobozam' MR BOWLING BALL, 'Bodmeri', 'Danica', 'Dark Green', 'Degroot's Spire', 'Dorsett Yellow', 'Ericoides', 'Filiformis', 'Filip's Magic Moment', 'Gold Drop', 'Golden Globe', 'Hetz Midget', 'Holmstrup', 'Hoseri', 'Klmeighteen' PATRIOT, 'Little Gem', 'Lutea', 'Nigra', 'Recurva Nana', 'Rheingold', 'Sherwood Frost', 'Skinner Dwarf', 'Smaragd', 'Sudwelli', 'Sunkist', 'Techny', 'Teddy', 'Tiny Tim', 'Wansdyke Silver', 'Wareana Lutescens', 'Woodwardii', and 'Yellow Ribbon'.
- NARGS Image Gallery - Photograph(s) contributed by North American Rock Garden Society members. (1 photo)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 2-8) (3 photos). Also pages for 'Hetz's Midget', 'Holmstrup', 'Little Gem', 'Rheingold', and 'Sunkist'.
- Ontario Rock Garden Society - Germination information
- Plant Delights Nursery: Thuja occidentalis 'Degroot's Spire' - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (1 photo)
- Rare Find Nursery: Thuja occidentalis 'Golden Globe' - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 2-8) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants: Thuja occidentalis 'Sherwood Frost' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 4-7) (1 photo). Also a page for 'Teddy'.
- Swedishrockgarden: Thuja occidentalis 'Malonyama Holub' - Photo of the species. (2 photos)
- Virginia Tech Dendrology - Factsheet with botanical characteristics and photos of various features. (6 photos)
Common name(s): American arborvitae
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2 - 7
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 2-7) (2 photos)