Common name(s): Purple Heart
Synonym(s): Setcreasea pallida
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 8~10 - 11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Tradescantia pallida
- All Things Plants: Tradescantia pallida 'Blue Sue' - Community-assembled plant profile (4 varieties in database) (1 photo)
- Cal's Plant of the Week - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 8-11)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 8) (2 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 8-11) (2 photos)
- John and Jacq's Garden: Tradescantia pallida 'Purple Heart' - Informational page provided by home gardeners with details on culture and propagation. (zone 8-11) (10 photos)
- Landscape Plants for South Florida - Description and summary information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden: Tradescantia pallida 'Purpurea' - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 10-11) (7 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet: Setcreasea pallida 'Purple Heart' - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 9-11) (5 photos)
- Plant Delights Nursery - Catalog page with photo, horticultural basics, and descriptive blurb. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo). Also a page for 'Kartuz Giant'.