Common name(s): Society Garlic
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 7 - 10
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Tulbaghia violacea
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (17 photos)
- BBC Gardening - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Cal's Plant of the Week: Tulbaghia violacea 'Silver Lace' - Profile for plant, primarily relating to pot culture, with notes on culture and propagation. (zone 7-10) (1 photo)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 7-10) (27 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (1 photo)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 7-10) (2 photos)
- Landscape Plants for South Florida - Description and summary information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 7-10) (2 photos)
- Pacific Bulb Society - One of the plants described on this page about the genus. (12 photos)
- Paghat's Garden: Tulbaghia violacea 'Silver Lace' - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (2 photos). Also a page for 'Tricolor'.
- PlantzAfrica - Features South African plants, with photos, description, distribution and ecology, and uses. (8 photos)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 7-10) (1 photo)