Common name(s): cattail
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 2~3 - 10~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Typha latifolia
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (2 varieties in database) (23 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 3-11) (10 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 2-11) (2 photos)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations. (3 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (17 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-10) (3 photos)
- Native Plants of Central Texas - Photos with brief comments from University of Texas at Austin. (3 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 3) (3 photos)
- Southwest Colorado Wildflowers - Photos and botanical information about the species/genus. (1 photo)
- Turner Photographics - Profile of wildflower of the US Pacific Northwest, with botanical description, habitat and distribution, and photo gallery.
- Washington Native Plant Society - Photo and brief description. (1 photo)