Common name(s): culver's root
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 3~4 - 7~9
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Veronicastrum virginicum
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (7 varieties in database) (13 photos)
- BBC Gardening: Veronicastrum virginicum 'Fascination' - Plant profile with horticultural details and garden uses. (1 photo)
- Connecticut Botanical Society - Wildflower profile. (3 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 4-7) (10 photos)
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Description, native range, and cultural requirements. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3) (3 photos)
- Digging Dog Nursery: Veronicastrum virginicum 'Adoration' - Catalog page with descriptive information (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 4). Also a page for 'Fascination'.
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 3-8) (2 photos)
- Heritage Perennials: Veronicastrum virginicum 'Album' - Profile with description and horticultural details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-9) (1 photo)
- Illinois Wildflowers - Informative illustrated page with description and cultivation details, also covering range and faunal associations.
- Kansas Wildflowers & Grasses - Plant portrait with botanical details and description (10 photos)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Plant description and characteristics with notes on distribution, culture, and propagation. (20 photos)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 3-8) (8 photos). Also pages for 'Album', 'Apollo', 'Fascination', 'Spring Dew', and 'Temptation'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (5 photos)
- Rare Find Nursery - Catalog detail page with description and horticultural information. (zone 3-8) (1 photo)
- Rob's Plants - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. Also seed germination records. (zone 3-8) (5 photos)
- Sunlight Gardens: Veronicastrum virginicum 'Temptation' - Wildflower nursery catalog page with description and cultivation details. (additional pages for other varieties) (zone 3-8) (1 photo)
Common name(s): Culver's Root; Blackroot
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 4