Common name(s): variegated periwinkle
Hardiness ratings: USDA zone 6~7 - 9~11
- Wikipedia. Online encyclopedia entry (if defined).
- Google images. Web search for photographs.
- GRIN. Taxonomical details, with common names, distribution, and synonyms.
- The Plant List. Taxonomical lookup
Links for Vinca major
- All Things Plants - Community-assembled plant profile (4 varieties in database) (4 photos)
- Carolina Nature - Illustrated woody plant profile, with notes on range and identification. (2 photos)
- Climbers - Information page with most botanical details for this climbing species of the eastern US. (7 photos)
- Dave's Garden PlantFiles - Profile page with horticultural basics, and member-contributed photos and comments. (zone 6-11) (12 photos)
- Floridata - Illustrated informative profile page with notes on culture, usage, and noteworthy features. (zone 7-9) (2 photos)
- Landscape Plants for South Florida - Description and summary information. (1 photo)
- Missouri Botanical Garden - Plantfinder page for one of the plants growing at the garden, with usually one or more photos, horticultural information, and noteworthy characteristics. (zone 7-9) (1 photo). Also a page for 'Wojo's Gem'.
- Missouri Plants - Description and photographs of botanical features, with notes about habitat and native status. (3 photos)
- North Carolina State University factsheet - Plant profile with horticultural details and comments (zone 6-9) (3 photos)
- Paghat's Garden - Illustrated articles by a gardener in the Pacific Northwest, with background and personal observations. (2 photos). Also a page for 'Maculata' aka 'Surrey Marble'.
- Rob's Plants: Vinca major 'Variegata' - Plant profile with basic horticultural information and often personal observations. (zone 6-10) (1 photo)