Primula veris 'Sunset shades' and 'Red Strain'
Tidy clump of textured mid-green foliage, with yellow flowers that turn shades of orange/red as they age.
||ordinary garden soil (not too dry)
||germinate at room temperature
detailed seed-starting info below
|Grown from seed for 'Red Strain' |
We left this plant behind in our Pennsylvania garden (and wish it well); we don't grow it in Houston.
About my plant portraits
PlantLinks to other web pages about Primula veris 'Sunset shades' and 'Red Strain'
- Seed from '05 garden. Baggy 65F (72%G, 8-22d)
- Same seed as above. Baggy 65F (74%G, 10-18d)
- Seed for 'Red Strain' from '07 trade. Baggy 65F (89%G, 7-12d)
- Seed for 'Red Strain' from '07 trade. Baggy 65F (64%G, 8-12d)
Seed from '05 garden. Baggy 65F (~33%G, 13-16d)
- Seed for 'Red Strain' from '10 garden, cold-stored through summer. Baggy 70F (68%G, 7-20d)
- Seed for 'Red Strain' from '12 garden, cold-stored through summer. Baggy 70F (95%G, 10-15d)
I welcome comments about my web pages; feel free to use the form below to
leave feedback about this particular page. For the benefit of other visitors
to these pages, I will list any relevant comments you leave, and if
appropriate, I will update my page to correct mis-information. Faced with an
ever-increasing onslaught of spam, I'm forced to discard any comments including
html markups. Please submit your comment as plain text. If you have a
comment about the website as a whole, please leave it in my
guestbook. If you
have a question that needs a personal response, please
April 12, 2014