Sidalcea malviflora 'Party Girl'
Like a shorter-growing hollyhock, with flowers on erect stems. Deadheading prolongs period of bloom into fall: I bought ours in a late-summer sale, with spent flowerstalks obviously cut back - it bloomed again by late September. 'Party Girl' is a deeper rose-pink than the wildflower species (to which its seedlings will revert).
|| Flowers first year from seed sown indoors early.
detailed seed-starting info below
|Seed ripens||early July|
We left this plant behind in our Pennsylvania garden (and wish it well); we don't grow it in Houston.
Seed for this plant is included on my seed trade list
One or more images of this plant are included in my stock photo catalog
About my plant portraits
PlantLinks to other web pages about Sidalcea malviflora 'Party Girl'
- Seed from '10 garden. Rubbed with sandpaper to remove husks and lightly scarify dark bean seeds. Baggy 70F (47+%G, 4-14d)
- Seed from '10 garden. Rubbed with sandpaper to remove husks and lightly scarify dark bean seeds. Baggy 70F (86%G, 7-14d)
- Seed from '12 garden. Rubbed with sandpaper as above. Baggy 70F (56%G, 7-13d)
- Seed from '13 garden. Rubbed with sandpaper as above. Baggy 70F (52%G, 7-13d)
- Seed from '13 garden. Rubbed with sandpaper as above. Baggy 70F (50%G, 7-12d)
I welcome comments about my web pages; feel free to use the form below to
leave feedback about this particular page. For the benefit of other visitors
to these pages, I will list any relevant comments you leave, and if
appropriate, I will update my page to correct mis-information. Faced with an
ever-increasing onslaught of spam, I'm forced to discard any comments including
html markups. Please submit your comment as plain text. If you have a
comment about the website as a whole, please leave it in my
guestbook. If you
have a question that needs a personal response, please
January 29, 2014